Original Post Link: http://www.danderma.co/?p=16688
Dear Ansam has sent an email today to remind us about earth hour and urge us to participate. Remember how the world had closed down their lights on Earth hour? Now this is something similar except its Environmental hour instead of Earth hour and its originating from Kuwait to mark the 27th of February as a remarkable day to give back to Kuwait and the environment especially since we have the 25th and the 26th marked in our minds.
What are the recommended actions in the environmental day event?
- Turn off unnecessary lights for one hour only (rush hour is between 1-4 pm and the event will be at night).
- Turn off unnecessary electrical appliances for one hour only.
- Reduce the number of hours that illuminations lighting are turned on as we do not need to keep lighting until the early morning hours.
- Use energy saving lights for ornamental purposes, if possible.
- Apply environmentally-friendly cruising rather than car cruising and replace them with walking and cycling.
- The environmentally-friendly cruising will be organized by the Touristic Enterprises.
- Company and the events will be friendly to the environment to deliver an important message about the importance of the environment.
So what say you? Are you in?
If you are kindly repost about this if you are a blogger or share it with your friends and family in your social media circles. For more information in both Arabic or English you can refer to Ansam’s post (link).